Skip to content
- having life; being alive; not dead: living persons.
- in actual existence or use; extant: living languages.
- active or thriving; vigorous; strong: a living faith.
- burning or glowing, as a coal.
- flowing freely, as water.
- of or relating to living persons: within living memory.
- habit; custom: It is not the practice here for men to wear long hair.
- repeated performance or systematic exercise for the purpose of acquiring skill or proficiency: Practice makes perfect.
- condition arrived at by experience or exercise.
- the action or process of performing or doing something: to put a scheme into practice.
- the business of a professional person: The doctor wanted his daughter to take over his practice when he retired.